1. Ardha Matsyendrasana / Half Lord of the Fishes Pose
ardha = half
Matsyendra = king of the fish
Ardha Matsyendrasana is a very well loved due to the spinal twist that energizes the entire body: the shoulder, the hip, and the spine. It stimulates agni or digestive fire as it works on the abdomen, the liver and the kidneys and awakens kundalini energy. Whether you are a beginner or an advanced student, you can do a twist as there are modifications for this pose at all levels of yoga in all Wellness Haven Yoga Classes held at San Ramon location.
- Stretches the shoulders
- Stretches the pectoral muscles
- Stretches and gently twists the neck
- Stretches and twists the spine
- Stretches the arm muscles
- Stretches the hips
- Works on the feet and ankle
Note: At Wellness Haven we do this asana in every class but a modified supported version in the Gentle Yoga Class.
Want to read about other asanas? Go back to Yoga Asana Directory