Healing Power Of Hand Mudras
Our 5 fingers represent the 5 elements making up our body. When these 5 elements are in imbalance, our immune system suffers inviting diseases.
Hand Mudras, connecting the finger(s) representing the element(s) in deficiency with the thumb, restore the deficiency and health as electromagnetic currents run through the connection. These hand mudras can be done anytime and in any-body position with both hands if possible. Any amount of time when practiced daily is beneficial.
|Thumb||Ego||Fire – Agni|
|Index||Jupiter||Air – Vayu|
|Middle||Saturn||Space – Aakash|
|Ring||Uranus||Earth – Prithvi|
|Little||Mercury||Water – Varun (God of Rain and Water)|
- Increases memory power and sharpens the brain
- Enhances concentration and prevents Insomnia
- When practiced regularly, it will relieve psychological disorders like Hysteria, Anger and Depression
Touch the tip of the thumb to the tip of the index finger, with the other three fingers stretched out.
A mudra of knowledge, it enhances the knowledge. The tip of thumb correlates to the pituitary and endocrine glands. When you press these centers with the index finger the two glands work actively.
No particular time duration for this mudra. You can practice while sitting, standing or lying on a bed whenever and wherever you have time.
- Helps to increase weight for weak life-force people
- Improves the complexion of skin and makes the skin glow
- Promotes body functionality
Tip of the ring finger touches the tip of the thumb with the other three fingers stretched out.
Reduces all physical weaknesses.
Has no particular time duration. You can practice it any time you want.
- Retains clarity in blood by balancing water content in the body
- Prevents the pain of Gastroenteritis and Muscle Shrinkage
Tip of little finger touches the tip of thumb with the other three fingers stretched out.
Balances the water content and prevents all diseases which come due to lack of water.
Has no specific time duration. Can be practiced according to convenience.
- Relieves Rheumatism, Arthritis, Gout, Parkinson’s disease and paralysis without any medicine
- Useful for Cervical Spondilytis, paralysis of the face, and pressure on nerves in neck
- Relieves gas pressure in the stomach
Keep the index finger on the base of the thumb and press with the thumb keeping the other three fingers straight.
Prevents diseases that occur due to imbalances in the air.
The practice of this mudra for 45 minutes reduces the severity of disease in 12 to 24 hours. For better results practice for 40-60 days
- Relieves an earache within 4 or 5 minutes
- Useful for the deaf and mentally challenged
Keep the middle finger at the mount of Venus and press with the thumb.
Reduces the dullness in the body.
One can practice this for 40 to 60 minutes daily until relieved.
- Reduces cholesterol in body and helps in reducing weight
- Reduces anxiety
- Corrects or relieves indigestion
Bend the ring finger and press it with thumb.
Correlates to the thyroid gland.
Practice twice daily for 5 to 15 minutes.
- Improves immunity
- Improves the power of the eyes and reduces eye related issues
- Relieves vitamin deficiency and fatigue
Bend ring finger and little finger and touch the tip of thumb with their tips keeping the remaining two fingers stretched.
As it is the mudra of life, this improves the life force. The weak become strong. Reduces clumps in blood vessels. Practiced regularly this promotes physical activity.
No specific time duration. One can practice it any time.
- Regulates diabetes
- Relieves constipation and piles
- Helps establish regular excretion of solid waste
The tips of middle finger and ring finger touch the tip of thumb while the other two fingers are stretched out.
Plays an important role in our health as it regulates the excretory system.
Note: Your health and wellness is absolutely dependant on the rapid removal of systemic waste. Toxicity can be mitigated if removed from the body rapidly.
Practice daily for 45 minutes, but practicing for longer period yields more benefits.
- Stops production of phlegm and gives power to lungs
- Relieves severe cold and bronchial infections
- Invigorates the body
Interlock the fingers of both hands and keep the thumb of the left hand vertically straight and encircle it with the thumb and the index finger of the right hand.
Generates heat in the body. Take milk, ghee, more water and fruit juices in addition to the practice of this mudra for many benefits.
Practice any time. But do not over-practice as it produces heat in the body. It can cause excessive sweating even in winter.
- The Mahasirs mudra is used to help give relief for head-related afflictions: Headaches, Migraines, Stress, Tension.
- This mudra is particularly good for sinus headaches.
- It is also calming, centering and clears your head bringing clarity.
- Balances energy
- Eliminates mucus congestion in the frontal sinuses
- Quiets the senses and calms the emotions
Thumb, index and middle fingers are joined at tips. Ring finger is folded into the palm and tucked into the fleshy base part of the thumb. Pinky is extended.
These Mudras are just a part of the natural self-care taught in the Meditation/Pranayama/Mudra/Bandhas sessions held every Saturday Morning at Weness Haven.
We would love to read your comments below. And remember to share your joy with others.