Yoga and Reflexology
At Wellness Haven we believe in staying away from medicine as much as possible for we believe in the natural healing capacity of our body when supported by natural and healthy alternatives to medicine.
These alternatives are:
- Daily Yoga Asanas
- Eating Natural Food
- Chiropractic Care
Yoga and Reflexology are intertwined together for reflexology is a part of our yoga asana practice.
Let’s talk about Reflexology and what a wonderful role it plays in our life.
Reflexology was discovered thousands of years ago. It is a completely safe and natural way to enhance health. It uses the technique of massage and pressure to stimulate nerves especially on palms of hands and soles of feet which are connected internally to our organs and glands.
There are more than 7000 nerve endings on the foot connecting to internal organs and glands and when pressure is applied on them they create multiple benefits by:
- opening up the energy channels that may have been congested
- producing relaxation to tired limbs
- releasing stress and anxiety
- enhancing blood circulation
- creating a sense of peace and calm
- releasing muscle pain in various body parts like the neck, shoulders, back, legs
- helps the digestive system, endocrine system, sleep issues, headaches and migraines
How to get help from reflexology?
Massage the parts of the hands and the feet that are connected to the internal organs and glands that have the ailment.
- Headache/Stress/Anxiety: Massage the parts of the hands and the feet that are connected to the head, neck and sinus.
- Sleep Issues: Massage the parts of the hands and feet that are connected with the pituitary gland.
- Colds and the Flu: Massage parts of the hands and the feet that are connected to sinuses, nose, throat, and lungs.
- Asthma and Bronchitis: Massage parts of the hands and the feet that are connected to the lungs.
During yoga asanas:
Apply pressure on the soles of the feet by stretching and widening the toes, planting the feet more firmly on your mat.
Apply pressure on the palms by interlacing the fingers and rubbing the palms together.
In general massage the palms, the fingers, the wrist, and in between the fingers, the soles, the ankles and in between the toes regularly to ensure health of your whole body.
Spend some time with yourself and take charge of your life. ~ Umang Goel
We would love to read your comments below. And remember to share your joy with others.