- for those who need to exercise gently
- for the aging, stiff, inflexible, overweight, imbalanced, stressed, injured, facing chronic pain and fatigue
There are many around us who are unable to be in a typical traditional yoga class, even an Easy or a Beginner Yoga Class, due to a wide range of reasons.
- They have never really exercised before besides walking
- They are recovering from injuries but their doctors have advised them to stretch and strengthen gently to build their muscles and joints.
- They have aging bodies, as those in our elderly and senior citizens, that need to exercise in a much gentler manner
When such health issues hit home, we realized an urgent need for a Gentle Yoga Class, which we like calling our Body Building Block Class For The Beginners In Exercise, for in this Wellness Haven Class we actually stretch and strengthen every part of the body form the head to the toe, BUT very gently, in a manner that ALL can handle and build themselves gradually over a course of a few months.
In our Gentle Yoga Class we make sure that every individual is helped and we monitor their progress. Yes we take our seniors citizens and our elderly very seriously at Wellness Haven Yoga.
This is the comment we got from a student in our ‘Gentle Yoga Class’ at Wellness Haven Yoga:
“It was a complete body workout even though I have never exercised before!”
- This class changes the quality of your life.
- It provides the much needed mobility to the senior members of our community.
- It provides the much needed strength, flexibility and balance to the overweight.
- It helps cancer patients and gives quality to their lives.
- It allows those facing joint issues, as a result of arthritis or injury, to heal faster
This is what our community has been waiting for.
Gentle Yoga class is very mindful of the physical issues that students are facing. Doctors who are experts in the Alternative Medicine field and Therapists recommend that people of all ages should stretch and strengthen if they want to improve the quality of their life.
How is Gentle Yoga Class conducted?
- Under expert guidance of yoga instructor
- With the use of chair, wall, mat, cushions, soft bolsters, straps and other props.
- There is no exercise in the routine that the elderly or those with joint issues cannot do.
- The exercises are well partitioned and distributed in categories leading you from one set to the other without any difficulty and maintaining the super easy flow.
- It has the necessary pranayama practice to improve the lungs.
- It is so gentle and motivating that joy is maintained throughout.
No matter who you are, we have the right tools to stretch and strengthen your body.